[jm_collective] Just Mathematics Collective Newsletter, No. 1

Just Mathematics Collective newsletter jm_collective at inventati.org
Thu Oct 6 19:34:24 CEST 2022

Hello!

Welcome to the Just Mathematics Collective newsletter. This is our first
round-up of news about our campaigns and activities, suggestions for how
you can help, and reading we've found useful recently.

---
Signal boosts: stuff by other people we've read this month and want to
share
---

1. A Call to Defend Bodily Autonomy in the Mathematics Community:
https://sites.google.com/view/bodily-autonomy-in-math

2. Spectra Statement on US Supreme Court Decision to Overturn Roe v.
Wade: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AUgaUTZEG48AjXw5kgYDKQDtXz5Aw9ml_V_HZO1N0GM/edit

3. "No cops in the lecture hall", by two JMC
members: https://www.justmathematicscollective.net/cheating.pdf

4. "Turning coffee into unions", by JMC member Denis
Hirschfeldt: https://math.uchicago.edu/~drh/Papers/Papers/unions.pdf

5. The Inclusion/Exclusion blog now has its own home
at: https://inclusionexclusion.org/

---
Ongoing JMC campaigns/how you can help:
---

1. Cut ties between mathematicians and the
NSA: https://www.justmathematicscollective.net/nsa_statement.html.
Please sign the statement and take the pledges if you haven't already,
and share with your colleagues.

2. Support the USACBI academic boycott of Israeli
institutions: https://www.justmathematicscollective.net/USACBI_statement.html.
Please register your pledge.

---

As always, please feel free to contact us
at justmathematicscollective at inventati.org with any questions, comments,
or suggestions, including materials and campaigns for us to consider
including in next month's newsletter.  Also, please feel free to forward
this to friends and colleagues, who can subscribe
here: https://noise.autistici.org/mailman/listinfo/jm_collective

- JMC newsletter team

---
https://twitter.com/jm_collective?lang=en